Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Thomas rips Favre

  1. #31
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    Basically he said the questions that were asked in the interview were general questions, not ones specifically toward Favre and he answered how he felt toward those general questions. Jacobsen then asked if he though Favre should have been pulled and he would only say it wasn't his position, but the coaches to make those decisions. Jacobsen then asked if he wanted Favre back next season and Thomas said again it wasn't his decision but that of the GM and owner.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #32
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    How many years has TJ gotten this many yards? He is a good back, but I don't think he can carry a team. I might have called some different plays , if I was calling them- but Farve isn't running the show from the huddle, either.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  3. #33
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    IMO, as I said earlier the Jets running game was helped moreso by the additions of Faneca and Woody than Favre.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #34
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    If they kept Pennington and not gotten Favre they may have gotten farther. In other words, Favre was more of a detriment than he was a help to the team.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #35
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Basically he said the questions that were asked in the interview were general questions, not ones specifically toward Favre and he answered how he felt toward those general questions. Jacobsen then asked if he though Favre should have been pulled and he would only say it wasn't his position, but the coaches to make those decisions. Jacobsen then asked if he wanted Favre back next season and Thomas said again it wasn't his decision but that of the GM and owner. </div></div>

    Gotta love the media, I would like to hear the entire interview on HOT 97 to see what was asked and how he answered them because the media can take certain quotes or words from a player and make them look different than intended. Don't get me wrong, he may have said what they said he said, but it is the media.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    Okay. That is the reason, the Jets are so well known .
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  7. #37
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    without the threat of a passing gmae tj doesnt do [censored]...bottom line.....lmao @ him

  8. #38
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    I can't blame TJ for the way he feels but if he has beef with one of his team mates he needs to take that to him not the public!
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    He turned himself into T.O......J overnight.
    crack is whack

  10. #40
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas rips Favre

    Pennington wouldn't have been able to throw the ball down the field well for even half of the season, which Favre did. He wouldn't have turned the ball over though, but then Favre does that no matter what his arm is like. Give Favre a whole offseason to prepare and work with his teammates, and I think his numbers could be staggering next year. He also had a torn bicep or something I think I read. His arm strength isn't as great as it one was, but it is still better than most.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •